To sell or not to sell... in winter?
Alice Dahlgren considers many of the potential positives to listing a HOME for sale during the winter months.
White Chili for the white winter
This recipe serves about 10
- 1 pound dried white beans or use drained canned beans*
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 cloves of garlic (a clove is one of the sections of a garlic bulb)—I like to add more
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- 2-- 4 ounce cans chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon cayenne or hot sauce
- 4 cups diced and cooked chicken breasts (purchase the skinless and boneless) **
* Beans: Cannellini beans are great. If using dried beans, soak them for several hours (overnight is great). Drain and rinse the beans, then cook until tender. Canned chicken broth can be used to cook them in before adding them to the chili.
** Chicken Breasts: They can be poached in extra chicken broth until done —just a few minutes.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onions to the oil.
- As soon as the onions soften, add all ingredients except the chicken and cook for about an hour.
- Add the diced chicken and serve with the suggested accompaniments below.
Heat and Serve
Serve in bowls and top with some:
- Monterrey Jack cheese
- green onions
- sour cream