Untold fruits in the remodel?
Yes, yes, YES!
Not every remodel is the same, but many, many quality candidates can turn a small investment into a tremendous asset. Alice Dahlgren explains.
Braised Corned Beef Brisket
You might just abandon all other brisket.
- 1 flat-cut corned beef brisket (approximately five pounds)
- 1 tablespoon of browning sauce
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Brush the brisket with browning sauce. Be sure to brush both sides. (do not use any seasoning or flavoring that may have come with the brisket.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the brisket in the hot oil (approximately 5 to 8 minutes per side).
- Place the brisket on a rack set in a roasting pan.
- Scatter the onion and garlic slices over the brisket and add the water to the roasting pan.
- Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Roast the brisket in the preheated oven until the meat is tender — probably about 6 hours.
Serve and enjoy!