Should you or shouldn't you?
HOMEowners often wonder if now is a good time to sell or not. Kim Jordan explains why 'right now' is always the best time to place your HOME on the market. Plus + another delicious recipe.
HOMEoklahoma White Chili
Hearty and healthy!
- 1 pound dried white beans
- 14 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tblsp. vegetable oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) whole green chilies, drained and chopped, or 1 Poblano chili pepper, roasted
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tblsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen white shoepeg corn
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
- 4 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced.
- Combine beans, stock, half the onions, garlic and salt in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours, or until beans are very tender. Add more chicken broth as needed.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add remaining onion, chilies, cumin, oregano, coriander, cloves and cayenne pepper. Mix thoroughly and cook for 10 minutes.
- Fold corn into mixture and continue cooking for 12 minutes.
- Combine corn mixture, bean mixture and chicken.
- Spoon chili into 6 individual bowls. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions.