Is now a good time to sell?
Wanting to sell your HOME but not sure if the timing is right? Alice Dahlgren answers one of the toughest questions in real estate — when is a good time to sell my HOME?
Irish Beef Stew
something stout for March holidays
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds of beef chuck, cut into 1½ inch cubes
- 1 pound of carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 white onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 1 can of tomato paste (about 6 ounces)
- 1 can or bottle of Irish stout beer (about 12 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon of cold water
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Toss the beef cubes with flour to coat them. Then, fry the coated cubes in the oil until they are browned.
- Place the carrots, potatoes, onions, and garlic in a large slow cooker.
- Place the meat on top of the vegetables.
- Mix the beef broth with the tomato paste, and pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Pour the beer into the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and either set it on high for 6 hours or set it on low for 8 hours.
- During the last hour before serving, dissolve the corn starch in the cold water and then stir it into the stew.
- Simmer on the high setting for a few minutes so that the stew thickens.
Serve and enjoy!